In 2017-2018, 6,221 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visas were granted.
Regional Sponsored and Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)
RSMS visa allows Australian employers in regional and low population growth areas to nominate. RSMS visa is available for all regions except Sydney, Perth, Newcastle, Wollongong areas, metropolitan Melbourne, greater Brisbane and the Gold Coast areas.
Similar to an Enployment Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) visa, there are 2 Streams:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – For Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa and Temporary Skill Shortage (Subclass 482) visa holders who have worked for past 3 years (except for transition/grandfathered cases), and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.
- Direct Entry stream – For an applicant who usually wish to enter the Australian labour market from overseas, or from within Australia.
This 187 visa which is a permanent residence visa that allows applicants and their family to live in Australia and work permanently in regional areas in Australia. It allows applicants and any their members who have also been granted this RSMS visa to stay in Australia indefinitely, work and study in Australia, enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses, apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible), sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence, travel to and from Australia for 5 years from the date the visa is granted.
- An applicant has an occupation on the 187 Visa Occupations List (RSMS List).
- An applicant must meet the English language requirements: IELTS (or equivalent test) score of 6 in each component.
- An applicant must not over an age requirement of 45 at the time of application will apply to Direct Entry stream.
- The nominated position to be genuine and the requirement of an English score is removed applicants whose nominated earnings would be over $180,000.
You can be your employer?
Mauris faucibus sapien non dignissim vulputate. Praesent convallis dui vitae elit ullamcorper viverra. Nulla vel magna nisi.
The RSMS Employer’s Requirements:
- The position must be for a period of at least 2 years.
- The employer has a satisfactory record of meeting the department’s requirements.
- The need for the position is genuine and the employer shows that the position cannot be filled by locals in the area.
- The occupation is at ANZSCO skill level 1, 2 or 3 and the occupation is in a Legislative Instrument nominated by the Minister
- The employer needs to pay the Market Salary and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT). This was set at $53,900 as at 12 April 2016, and remains the threshold.
- The position must be located in a post code denoting regional Australia.
Request a Call Back
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820
The RSMS Direct Entry stream is slightly easier than the ENS (Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)) process. If the applicant has a qualification from overseas, the applicant must have a certain occupation listed RSMS list. Otherwise, the applicant must have obtained his/her qualifications in Australia and the qualifications must be listed in ANZSCO. It is important that the occupation must be at ANZSCO skill level 1, 2 or 3 in accordance with the Legislative Instrument.