Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 864)
This Contbutory Parent visa is for a person who is a parent of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen who is “settled” in Australia, the Contributory Parent (Permanent) Visa will allow a person to permanently live in Australia.
Aam I Eligible For A 864 Visa?
In order to obtain the 864 visa, a visa holder of a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 884) need to demonstrate that he/she meets the following requirements:
- Have an eligible sponsor who can provide support for at least 2 years
- Be old enough to qualify for the age pension in Australia
- Be eligible to obtain an Assurance of Support – a legal document that assures the Australian Government that the applicant will not rely on the government for 2 years, after the applicant enter Australia on the visa
- Meet the health and character requirements
What If A Sponsor Dies?
If you hold a Temporary Contributory Aged Parent (subclass 884) visa but your sponsor dies? You might still be eligible for this 864 visa if your sponsor dies. To discuss this matter, please contact our registered migration agent today!
Entitlements of The Contibutory Aged Parent (Permanent) Visa
The Permanent Contributory Aged Parent visa will grant a person permanent residence in Australia. It will allow a person and his/her eligible family members:
- The right to stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study rights in Australia
- The opportunity to enrol in Medicare which is an Australia’s health scheme
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for up to 5 years
- Social security payments (if a person meet requirements)
An Assurance of Support
The applicant must be able to obtain an assurance of support. An assurance of support assures the Department that the applicant will not have to rely on government assistance after the applicant enter Australia on this 884 visa. The assurance is for the applicant and any family members who come to Australia with the applicant on this visa.
Free Case Appraisal
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820