Australian Children Visa - 445 Visa
With this 445 visa the child can:
- move to or stay in Australia until the Department decides on their parent’s permanent Partner visa application
- travel to and from Australia
- work and study in Australia
Once the child has been granted this visa, they must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application. When an application to add the child to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application has been submitted, the child can enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme (Medicare).
Who Can Be A Parent?
- Subclass 309 (Spouse (Provisional));
- Subclass 309 (Partner (Provisional));
- Subclass 310 (Independency (Provisional));
- Subclass 445 (Dependent Child);
- Subclass 820 (Spouse);
- Subclass 820 (Partner); or
- Subclass 826 (interdependency).
The child must be either:
- under 18 years
- over 18 years and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa
The child must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored or nominated their parent’s permanent Partner visa application. The sponsorship must be approved by the Department. The sponsorship may not be approved if the sponsor or their partner has been charged or convicted of offences involving children.
The Department will only grant the Dependent Children visa to a child younger than 18 years if either:
- the child has the written consent of everyone who can legally decide where they live, or
- the laws of the child’s home country allow them to leave their home country, or
- it is consistent with any Australian child order about the child
Free Case Appraisal
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820