Australian Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870)
On 1 March 2019, the Minister Coleman announced that applications to sponsor a parent for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa will be open from 17 April 2019. The visa is a new pathway for parents who have their children or grandchildren in Australia. To be eligible for the visa, a parent must be the biological, adoptive, or step-parent of the sponsor who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
Benefits of Sponsored Parent Visa
This 870 visa allows parents to stay in Australia for a longer period of time (up to 5 years) at a time without departing. Parent may up to a maximum period in Australia of 10 years. Parents are still eligible to apply for other visas such as Visitor visas or Permanent Parent visas.
Visa Condition - NO WORK
Visa holders will generally be subject to a “NO WORK” condition.
870 Visa Eligibility
Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa applicants must:
- be sponsored by an approved parent sponsor
- be at least 18 years of age
- be outside Australia for at least 90 days if the applicant holds or has previously held a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa
- have a genuine intentioin to stay in Australia temporarily
- must have enough money to support yourself while you are in Australia
- meet health requirement
- not have an outstanding public health debt
- satisfy health, character, and national security requirements
Free Case Appraisal
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820