Parent Via (Subclass 103)
There are two main categories of Parent visas:
- Non-contributory Parent; and
- Contributory Parent.
The main difference between Non-Contributory Parent visa and Contributory Parent Visa is the processing time. The Non-contributory Parent visa can take up to 30 years to be granted, in contrast the Contributory Parent visa can take up to 3 years.
2 Divided Categories
Non-contributory Parent category
- Parent (Subclass 103) Visa – offshore visa
- Aged Parent (Subclass 804) Visa – onshore visa
Contributory Parent category
- Contributory Parent (Subclass 143) Visa – offshore visa
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) Visa– offshore visa
- Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 864) Visa – onshore visa
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) Visa – onshore visa
There are more Contributory Parent visa applications lodged than non-contributory Parent visa applications. This is due to the cap and queue process. This makes for a long wait for the application to be finalised.
Balance of Family Test
It is significantly important that you understand the Balance of Family Test as it will determine if a Parent is eligible to apply for the Parent visa. A pivotal requirement for all Parent visas is the requirement that the applicant meets the Balance of Family test.
Who can be the SPONSOR for the Parent Visa
To be a sponsor for either the non-contributory parent or contributory parent visa, the sponsor must be
- an Australian citizen; or
- an Australian permanent resident; or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen
who is ‘settled‘ in Australia at the time the application is lodged.
Free Case Appraisal
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your details and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820