Australian Fiance Visa - Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) Visa
The Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa is often called “Australian fiancé visa”. This visa allows the applicant to come to Australia to marry his/her fiancé. If the applicant is granted this prospective marriage visa, the applicant should marry your fiancé and apply for a Partner (subclasses 820 and 801) visa before his/her Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires.
Eligibility for Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) Visa
The applicant must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a genuine relationship and intend to marry
- have met in person and know your prospective spouse personally
- partner can be opposite sex or same-sex
The applicant must be applicant must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
300 Visa Requirements
Fiance Visa Requirements:
- Intention to marry an eligible sponsor (an Australian or permanent resident or Eligible NZ citizen)
- Applicant is sponsored by a Prospective Spouse
- Sponsor and applicant have met in person and are known to one another
- Genuine intent to marry within prescribed time
- Intention to live together as partners/spouses
Who CANNOT sponsor
The prospective spouse is prohibited from being a sponsor if the prospective spouse is a woman who was granted a Subclass 204 (Woman at Risk) visa within the 5 years immediately preceding the application; and on the date of grant of that visa the applicant was a former spouse or former de facto partner of that woman, having been divorced or permanently separated from that woman; or the applicant was the spouse or de facto partner of that woman and that relationship had not been declared to Immigration.
Free Case Appraisal
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we'll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820