On 16 November 2019, 491 visa was newly introduced and replaced existing Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 491)
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa allows Australian employers in regional and low population growth areas to nominate. The regional areas include cities and major regional centres of Perth, Adelaide, the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Cost, Canberra, Newcastle/Lake Macquarie, Wollongong/Illawarra, Geelong, Hobart and designated regional areas.
Wait until a state or territory government agency or an eligible relative nominates you.
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa is a point-tested visa. The applicant submits an expression of interest (EOI) first once they obtain a score of 65 points or more (please check your eligibility).
Meet all requirements
- Invited to apply – EOI submission
- Be nominated or sponsored
- Must be under 45 years old
- Positive skills assessment
- Competent English
- Must be in occupation list
- Health test
- Character test
- No dabt tothe Australian government
Request a Call Back
Have a Visa enquiry? Let us know. Leave us your detail and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
0403 118 515
business visa Australia, family sponsored visa, partner visa, rsms visa, parents visa, visitor visa Australia for parents, sponsor visa Australia, sponsor visa, graduate visa Australia, post graduate visa, skilled visa Australia, skilled independent visa, student visa, second year visa Australia, investment visa Australia, temporary graduate visa, spouse visa Australia, de facto visa Australia, extend student visa Australia, bridging visa Australia, visitor visa Australia, parents visitor visa Australia, partner visa 820
With Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa:
- stay in Australia for 5 years from the date granted the visa
- live, work and study in designated regions of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times while the visa is valid
- (only eligible person) apply for permanent residence visa through the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) – which commences on 16 November 2022.
Designated regional area
- The applicant and all members of the applicant unit who are also holders of the visa, will need to live work and study in a designated regional area of Australia.